Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Hoxekle Long Wedge Winter PU Boots Round Toe Fashion Over Knee Boots for Women Height Increasing Pointed Toe Boot
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Womens Ladies Denim Roman Open Toe Flat Flip Flops Comfy Slip on Dress Thongs Walking Summer Beach Sandals
- VITA Run Womens Running shoes - Casual & Comfortable - Made from Mesh Fabric - Lightweight and Breathable - Perfect for Spring Summer Fall Winter
- MsMushroom Woman's Satin Soft Party Wedding Dancing shoes 4 Heel Red gold
- shoesmaker's heart Super High Heels Wedding shoes Rome White Fine Super Sexy Ladies Club Bridesmaid Wedding shoes High-Heeled Nude Female Black Hollow Taste
- Caparros Women's Kerry Platform Sandal
- Women's Ankle Boots, Pointed Lace Up Ankle Boots Autumn Winter Rough High Heels British Martin Boots Black Red (color B, Size 35)
- Women's PVC Super High Heel Sandals for Weddings, Parties, Meetings and Every Other Special Occasion
- Cotswold Womens Ladies Lagreenon Slip On Leather Ankle Boot
- No.66 Town Couple Men's Women's Shock Absorption Running shoes Sneaker,Basketball shoes
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's Open Net Gladiator Sandal
- Steve Madden Mens Lansing Oxford
- ECCO Women's Women's Soft Sneaker
- Bugatti Men Lace-Up shoes black, (black) U18111-100
- Clarks Men's Remsen Limit Oxford
- Remonte - R363390 - R363390
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.